MB Roland Baked French Toast (Pumpkin Spice Edition)
Some, if not most, of these ingredients are measured with your heart. Minimum quantities are indicated, but please feel free to add more or less as you or your family’s tastes prefer!
Additionally, the brioche variety is seasonal from Aldi markets – use whichever spongey loaf you have available or if preparing overnight* a crusty day old loaf will do just fine in this wonderful french toast recipe.
• 1 14oz loaf of Pumpkin Spice Brioche, cubed
• 6 large eggs
• ⅔ C milk
• ¼ C heaping, brown sugar (some reserved for topping)
• 2 Tsp MB Roland Straight Bourbon Vanilla Extract
• 1 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Butter generously the bottom & half way up the sides of a 2-3 quart baking dish. Reserve any chunks of butter for topping.
2. Place cubed bread into a large mixing bowl, set aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar and MB Roland Straight Bourbon Vanilla Extract (available online and in our gift shop) until eggs are well combined.
3. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes and fold to assure all cubes are moistened well.
*If preparing overnight, cover & refrigerate cube mixture & prepare buttered baking dish just before baking. You may also wish to turn the cubes once more before loading the baking dish to assure all cubes are evenly wet.
4. Loosely spoon wet bread cubes into your buttered baking dish, do not pack. Top with small dollops of your reserved butter and sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
5. Bake at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165℉. Let rest for 5 minutes to set and serve with your favorite maple syrup. If serving for a special occasion, whipped cream is a delicious addition – Enjoy the french toast!
From the kitchen of Julia Emerson.
Tags: Breakfast, French Toast, MB Roland, MB Roland Distillery, MB Roland Straight Bourbon Vanilla Extract, Pumpkin Spice, Recipes