Meet Our Team Member, Big Mike
MB Roland Distillery would like to introduce our team members, the folks responsible for the continued success of what we do here.
Meet Michael Cox, also known as Big Mike, Mudcat Mike, or just Mudcat. Big Mike started at MB Roland in April 2017, so he celebrates his 4th work anniversary with us this month!
Here are some more Q and A’s to get to know Mike!
Q: What did you do before coming to MBR?
- A: Prior to working at MB Roland, I was an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Tech in the Army. I retired after 20+ years.
Q: What was your first job at MBR?
- A: I thought I was going to be in the distillery, but with my awesome people skills and devilishly good looks, I was put in the gift shop for tours and tasting.
Q: What’s the best part of your job?
- A: The best part is the people that you meet. I have met the most incredible people through the distillery.
Q: What is your favorite MBR product?
- A: I really do not have a favorite product. It depends on the day and my mood. It’s all good!
Q: Do you have a favorite cocktail made from MBR products?
- A: I usually drink the aged products straight, but 2 oz. of Dark Cherry Moonshine with half a lime squeezed in and top off with Ale 8 tastes just like a cherry limeade!
Q: Do you have a favorite pet at MBR?
- A: That’s like asking if you have a favorite child… yes.
Big Mike went on to say, “I’m originally from Nashville, married for almost 25 years, and have three adult children. We moved back to Clarksville in 2010.”
MB Roland Distillery is a completely “grain to glass” craft distillery located in Pembroke, KY. We use local white corn to hand make each of our products ranging from our unique “distillation & barrel proof” Kentucky Bourbon to our naturally-flavored Kentucky Pink Lemonade. For more information, stop by for a tour or visit our website today.