Meet Our Team Member, Jennifer
MB Roland Distillery would like to introduce our team members, the folks responsible for the continued success of what we do here.
Jennifer first started at MB Roland Distillery in September 2013 before moving to Washington for a year while her husband was deployed in Korea. She then returned to the area, and August 2021 will mark Jennifer’s 7th anniversary at MBR.
Here are some more Q and A’s to get to know Jennifer!
Q: What did you do before coming to MBR?
- A: Before working here, I was lucky enough to stay home and raise my babies.
Q: What was your first job at MBR?
- A: When I started working here, everyone did just about everything here, helping in the distillery, groundskeeping, cat wrangling/grooming, dog assistant (they are very demanding), and of course taking care of customers for tours and tastings.
Q: What’s the best part of your job?
- A: The best part of the job really is the customers, helping them discover new bourbons and whiskeys, educating them about the different processes it takes to make the products and even getting them started on their bourbon journeys. I love the challenge of finding a favorite for everyone; whether they are wine enthusiasts or beer lovers, I can usually find something on our tasting bar that they can enjoy almost as much as their usual favorites.
Q: What is your favorite MBR product?
- A: My favorite product is typically the Wheat Whiskey, although it’s really hard to pick a favorite. Last summer, it was the Azul. I guess it depends on the day!
Q: Do you have a favorite cocktail made from MBR products?
- A: When I feel like a cocktail, my favorite (and don’t judge me, I usually drink my whiskeys neat) is bourbon, pineapple, and ginger beer. I also like Black Dog with some Zing Zang, occasionally.
Q: Do you have a favorite pet at MBR?
- A: It is so hard to pick a favorite pet here; I love them all! But Wolfgang and Red are very dear to my heart.
Jennifer was born in Wisconsin and grew up in Washington. She married her soldier, traveled to Germany and around the US before deciding to settle down in the area. They have a daughter who is currently a sophomore in college and a son who is a junior in high school.
Find more information on our MB Roland products here.
MB Roland Distillery is a completely “grain to glass” craft distillery located in Pembroke, KY. We use local white corn to hand make each of our products ranging from our unique “distillation & barrel proof” Kentucky Bourbon to our naturally-flavored Kentucky Pink Lemonade. For more information, stop by for a tour or visit our website today.